Mar 12, 2010

I went to Mir mir..




I haven't cover all Southern Sudan during my stay. The policy and general security state limit my movement. It is not something that you watch on the Astro Traveler or Discovery Channel. Every risk will be bare by me and my friends.
Today I took an opportunity to visit the river bank of White Nile but not at Khartoum its where to the Southern part of the country.

I bring along people which I can trust and start the engine. Its not only for fun, I went there to pick up one of my colleague coming by the river from Juba, the capital state of the Southerners.
the location is on the map.



The journey took almost 2 hours from the camp to the river bank. We have passed few other village before reaching the the river bank and the place called Aduk. Taking picture is not really like a tourist, every spot of the place are considered military spot and you can get charge for it. I just snapped few picture inside the vehicle after reaching the signal from the GPS.

I was a good weather and the water is cold. I took off my clothes and jump into the water. The kids are all waiting for me inside the water. They are so happy to have a white visitor to swim along with them. After 15 minutes I am thinking of my white skin might attract predators like crocodile and other dangerous fish. My friends also showing a bit worry to have let me dive into the water. I walked at the river bank and lotsa eyes looking at me to have different skin from them.

It was my greatest experience to have visit the place.